|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Rusnak, Silva score in RSL's 2-0 win over FC Dallas
European Football Headlines
- Vancouver Whitecaps fire coach Carl Robinson, assistants
- Amnesty Int'l: Firm at Qatar 2022 World Cup not paying wages
- Atletico dominates early, tops Huesca 3-0 with help from VAR
- 15-year-old striker Elliott plays for Fulham in League Cup
- League Cup: Mourinho's Man United ousted by Lampard's Derby
- Paul Pogba stripped of Man United vice captaincy by Mourinho
- JP Dellacamera to receive US Soccer Hall of Fame award
- Monaco keeps struggling with home loss to Angers
- Augsburg snatches late 1-1 draw as Bayern drops 1st points
- Giuseppe Rossi faces 1-year ban for doping case in Italy
SANDY, Utah (AP) Albert Rusnak scored on an early penalty kick, Luis Silva added a stoppage-time goal and Real Salt Lake beat FC Dallas 2-0 on Saturday night.
Sebastian Saucedo drew the foul against Kellyn Acosta to set up Rusnak's goal in the 11th minute. Rusnak went low and to the left and goalkeeper Jesse Gonzalez guessed the right way, but was unable to get to it.
Silva finished Jefferson Savarino's cross to cap a breakaway in the first minute of second-half stoppage time.
Savarino blocked Matt Hedges' header away to help preserve Real Salt Lake's lead in the 71st minute.
Real Salt Lake (9-8-2) started 10 homegrown players and subbed on an 11th to set an MLS record for most homegrown appearances in a single game.
FC Dallas dropped to 10-3-5 in losing their first game to a Western Conference opponent this season.
Updated July 8, 2018