NYCFC snaps Montreal Impact's 4-game win streak 3-0
European Football Headlines
- Ramirez, Quintero score; Minnesota United tops Revs 2-1
- Sarri wants to meet Hazard over Chelsea future; Zola returns
- US women takes veteran team to Tournament of Nations
- Mourinho bemoans 'very bad' preseason for United
- Oxlade-Chamberlain to miss most of next season for Liverpool
- FFA cool on Usain Bolt's A-League bid
- World Cup winner Mbappe donating bonus of about $350,000
- Usain Bolt to make run at pro soccer in Australia
- Iceland coach steps down after 7 years in charge
- Man United sells Blind back to Ajax for $18.75 million
NEW YORK (AP) Ronald Matarrita had a goal and an assist to lead New York City FC to a 3-0 victory over the Montreal Impact on Wednesday night.
Matarrita entered as a substitute in the 62nd minute. Three minutes later, his chip caught Montreal goalkeeper Evan Bush out of position and found its way to the side netting to make it 2-0.
Maturita assisted on Jonathan Lewis' first MLS goal in the 76th minute, which was a header that glanced in off the right post.
Jesus Medina opened the scoring in the 60th minute with a left-footed smash from 20 yards out as NYCFC (11-4-4) snapped the Impact's four-game winning streak.
City remained unbeaten at home this season (9-0-1), with six of those wins coming via shutout. The Impact, which has been shut out seven times this season, dropped to 2-9-0 on the road and 8-12-0 overall.
Updated July 11, 2018