NYCFC snaps Montreal Impact's 4-game win streak 3-0
European Football Headlines
- Ben Yedder hits hat trick in Sevilla's 6-2 win at Levante
- Leverkusen gets 1st Bundesliga win after losing opening 3
- Insigne scores twice as Napoli beats Torino 3-1 in Serie A
- Cech stars as Arsenal beats Everton 2-0 for 5th straight win
- Europa League hangover hits flat Chelsea
- Sarri needs 'maybe 1 year' as Chelsea's perfect start ends
- Germany lacked 'drive' to defend WC; France to heed lessons
- Neymar gives jersey to crying boy as PSG beats Rennes 3-1
- Real Madrid president against Liga plan to play game in US
- Weston McKennie out with 'severe muscle contusion' in leg
NEW YORK (AP) Ronald Matarrita had a goal and an assist to lead New York City FC to a 3-0 victory over the Montreal Impact on Wednesday night.
Matarrita entered as a substitute in the 62nd minute. Three minutes later, his chip caught Montreal goalkeeper Evan Bush out of position and found its way to the side netting to make it 2-0.
Maturita assisted on Jonathan Lewis' first MLS goal in the 76th minute, which was a header that glanced in off the right post.
Jesus Medina opened the scoring in the 60th minute with a left-footed smash from 20 yards out as NYCFC (11-4-4) snapped the Impact's four-game winning streak.
City remained unbeaten at home this season (9-0-1), with six of those wins coming via shutout. The Impact, which has been shut out seven times this season, dropped to 2-9-0 on the road and 8-12-0 overall.
Updated July 11, 2018