Game Recap - Los Angeles v Seattle
|12:00 PM PT1:00 PM MT2:00 PM CT3:00 PM ET19:00 GMT3:00 12:00 PM MST2:00 PM EST23:00 UAE21:0015:00 ET2:00 PM CTNaN:� , July 10, 2018
KeyArena, Seattle, Washington Attendance: 9,686
Beard lifts Sparks to 77-75 OT win over Seattle
- Bird highlights US women's world cup roster
- Mood electric as Seattle Storm, fans celebrate third title
- Stewart, Storm surge past Mystics 98-82 for WNBA title
- Storm on cusp of third WNBA title
- US women's hoops team announces 16 finalists for World Cup
- History says Storm WNBA coronation only a matter of time
- USA Basketball waiting for WNBA playoffs to end
- Stewart, Storm beat Mystics 75-73 for 2-0 series lead
- A'ja Wilson earns WNBA Rookie of the Year honors
- Storm, Loyd seek 2-0 series lead on Mystics
SEATTLE (AP) Alana Beard scored five of her 11 points in overtime including a 3-pointer that put Los Angeles ahead for good in a 77-75 victory to end Seattle's five-game win streak Tuesday.
Candace Parker led the Sparks (13-8) with 21 points. She added 10 assists and was a rebound shy of a triple-double with nine boards.
Beard's shot from behind the arc came with 3:23 left in overtime and put Los Angeles ahead 71-70. After Breanna Stewart missed a pair of shots, Beard came back with a jumper to extend the Sparks' lead.
The Storm (15-6), who lead the WNBA's Western Conference, could not respond.
Parker's turnaround hook gave the Sparks a 77-72 lead with 1:05 to play. Natasha Howard cut into the margin with a three-point play, but Seattle came no closer
Sue Bird, Howard and Stewart all missed chances to tie the game in the final seven seconds. Howard finished with 18 points for Seattle while Stewart had 14 points and 13 rebounds.
Updated July 10, 2018